This list of law enforcement and intelligence agencies came about from my interest in films and television series that involve law enforcement and intelligence gathering. This list will always be incomplete.
Law enforcement and intelligence agencies
The United States of America
The President of the United States
United States Intelligence Community
The United States Intelligence Community (IC) is lead by the Director of National Intelligence (DNI).
- Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) includes the National Clandestine Service (NCS).
- National Counterproliferation Center (NCPC)
- National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC)
- Office of the National Counterintelligence Executive (NCIX)
Executive Office of the President of the United States
- President's Intelligence Advisory Board (PIAB)
United States federal executive departments
United States Department of Defense
The Department of Defense (DOD) has these law enforcement and intelligence agencies.
- Central Security Service (CSS)
- Defense Criminal Investigative Service (DCIS)
- Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA)
- Defense Intelligence Agency includes the Defense Clandestine Service.
- National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA)
- National Security Agency (NSA)
- Director of National Intelligence heads the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO).
- Strategic Support Branch (SSB)
United States Department of the Air Force
- United States Air Force Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI)
- United States Air Force Security Forces
United States Department of the Army
- Military Intelligence Corps (MI)
United States Army Provost Marshal General
- United States Army Criminal Investigation Command (Army CID)
- United States Army Military Police Corps
United States Department of the Navy
- Naval Criminal Investigation Service (NCIS)
- Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI)
United States Marine Corps
- Company Level Intelligence Cell
- Marine Corps Intelligence Activity
- United States Marine Corps Criminal Investigation Division (USMC CID)
United States Department of Energy
The Department of Energy (DOE) has the Office of Intelligence and Counterintelligence (OICI).
United States Department of Homeland Security
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has these law enforcment and intellgence agencies.
- Office of Intelligence and Analysis (Homeland Security) (I&A)
United States Coast Guard
- Coast Guard Intelligence (CGI)
- Coast Guard Investigative Service (CGIS)
United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
- Homeland Security Investigations (HSI)
- United States Secret Service (USSS)
United States Department of Justice
The Department of Justice (DOJ) has these law enforcement and intelligence agencies.
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF)
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- United States Marshals Service (USMS)
United States Department of State
The Department of State (DOS) has the Bureau of Intelligence and Research (INR).
United States Department of Veterans Affairs
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has the United States Department of Veterans Affairs Police.
United States Department of the Treasury
The Department of the Treasury (Treasury) has the Office of Terrorism and Financial Intelligence (TFI) that includes the Treasury's Office of Intelligence and Analysis.
United States Congress
- United States Capitol Police
- Library of Congress has the Library of Congress Police.
Supreme Court of the United States
The Supreme Court of the United States has the Marshal of the United States Supreme Court who heads the United States Supreme Court Police.
The Smithsonian Institution has the Smithsonian Police.
- American Police Community (Ameripol)
- European Police Office (Europol)
- International Criminal Police Organization (Interpol)