These are the Kings and other rulers of Xanth.
Kings in Xanth
Kings of Human Xanth
Ivy is the current King of Xanth. There are no ruling queens; so no matter gender, the ruler of Xanth is King. The power of Sorceresses is equal to the power of Magicians; so when a woman becomes King, she is referred to as Magician. King Jonathan had the longest reign of 100 years, since he was a zombie. King Humfrey had the shortest reign of 19 years.
- Merlin ruled from 204 to 226.
- Roogna ruled from 228 to 286.
- Rana was the first female King. She ruled from 286 to 325.
- Reitas ruled from 325 to 350.
- Rune ruled from 350 to 378.
- Jonathan first ruled as King from 378 to 478. He returned to the throne pro tem in Centaur Aisle and Night Mare.
- Vortex ruled from 478 to 548.
- Neytron ruled from 548 to 575.
- Nero ruled from 575 to 623.
- Gromden ruled from 623 to 677.
- Yin-Yang ruled as Yang from 677 to 719. He was assassinated by Muerte A. Fid, his successor.
- Muerte A. Fid ruled from 719 to 753.
- Quan ruled from 753 to 797.
- Elona was the second female King. She ruled from 797 to 866.
- Warren, after being assassinated nearly 150 years prior by Muerte A. Fid, ruled from 866 to 909 when he was exorcised.
- Ebnez ruled from 909 to 952.
- Humfrey first ruled as King was from 952 to 971 when he resigned in favor of Aeolus. He returned to the throne pro tem in Night Mare.
- Aeolus ruled from 971 to 1042.
Trent ruled from 1042 to 1067 when he resigned in favor of Dor. During the Next Wave in Night Mare, several magicians acted as King pro tem.
- Dor served as King pro tem previously in Centaur Aisle and becomes King at the end of Night Mare.
- Jonathan was the sixth King of Xanth and served as King pro tem previously in Centaur Aisle.
- Humfrey was the seventeenth King.
- Arnolde, a centaur, is the first non-human Magician to rule Xanth in any capacity.
- Irene was classified a neo-Sorceress until Night Mare when she was elevated to full Sorceress so she could take the throne.
- Chameleon is not a sorceress, however, she was the most intelligent person available to be king.
- Mare Imbrium is a night mare who became king as she was the only one who could break the chain.
- Dor ruled from 1067 to 1107 when he resigned in favor of Ivy. He called upon Murphy to act as King pro tem in Isle of View.
- Ivy became King in 1107 and is the current King of Xanth.
Other Kings and leaders
- Bird of a Feather is the King of the birds.
- Ferdinand is the King of the cowfolk.
- Perseus and Andromeda are the King and Queen of Dragonflies.
- Harold and Helen were King and Queen of the harpies.
- Nabob is the King of the Mount Etamin naga.
- Xeth is the King of the zombies.
- Chevalier is the leader of Centaur Isle.
- Ortant is the Mayor of Imp Perial.
- Giles is the Mayor of the PLO Village.
- Nator is a human who became a goober to lead the aimless goobers.
- Arthur Pendragon was King of the Britons.
- Astarte was Queen of Byblos.
- Henry the 8th was King of England.
- Mark was King of Corn-Wall.
- Omen was King of Onesti.
- King of Lionness of Lyonesse.
- The Night Stallion is the leader of the Night mares and the nightmare realm in the Gourd.
- The Day Stallion is the leader of the Day mares.
- Dragon King is King of the dragons in Castle Roogna.
- Dragon Lady is Queen of the dragons in Ogre, Ogre.
- Dragon King is the King of the dragons in Storage in Five Portraits.
- Prince Komodo Li Zard is from Isles of Indon Esia in Heaven Cent.
- Duke Dragontail is from Dimwit in Heaven Cent.
- Firestorm is a leader of the flying dragons.
- Sword is King of the Warrior Elves.
- Crown-Of-Thorns is King of the Flower Elves.
- Gimlet is Prince of the Tool Elves.
- Gnever is Chief of the Gnarly Gnomes.
- Gnobody Gnomes
- CODE(0x2c8a050) is Chief.
- Craven is a sub-chief.
- Chiefs of Goblin Mountain
- Chiefs of the Goblinate of the Golden Horde
- Chiefs of the Good Riddance Goblins
- Golden is Queen of the Goblin Annex goblins in Storage in Five Portraits.
- Wolverton is the King of the werewolves on the Isle of Wolves.
- Wolfram and Wulfha are the leaders of the werewolves in Wolf Country in Storage in Five Portraits.