Rules of space travel
Command and rank
The Air Force will be the military branch overseeing any space fleet. The ranks of the Air Force will be used.
- All ships will orient themselves to the same Z axis as the capital ship.
- The largest ship will be considered the capital ship when meeting with smaller craft.
When two ships of the same size meet, the ship with the commander in higher standing will be considered the capital ship.
- If the commanders are of the same standing, the ship with the earlier launch date will be the capital ship.
- If the ships are working in conjunction on the same mission, the ship with the commander in command of the mission is the capital ship regardless of standing.
- The ship with the commander of a fleet is not the capital ship if it is smaller than another ship in the same fleet. It must orient itself to the capital ship.
- A ship with damage to its navigational controls is exempt.
- Ships will orient themselves to best advantage when joined in battle.