- Humfrey's Castle was once the sight of Jonathan's Zombie Castle during his first life. Humfrey found the site and built his castle here.
- Castle Roogna is named after it's builder, King Roogna. It fell into disuse for a long while, a sometime home of Rose of Roogna and the Muses. It is the seat of power of human Xanth.
- Castle Zombie is the second Castle Zombie and the current location where the zombies are gathered, except those guarding Castle Roogna. It is currently occupied by Justin and Breanna.
- Nameless Castle is where Roxanne incubated Simurgh's egg.
- Castle Maidragon was created by Melody, Harmony, and Rhythm and occupied by Becka and her family. It was once the prison of Random Factor.
- Caprice Castle
- Castle Rockhound is Castle Roogna in Xanth Reality 6 in Stork Naked.
- Nametag Castle is the castle of the nametaggers on Cone in Air Apparent.
- Castle Rock Candy is the base of operations of Ragna Roc in Two to the Fifth.
- Castle Windswept is the former residence of Aeolus, the Storm King, and is now inhabited by Princess Eve and Demon Pluto in Knot Gneiss.
- Black Village
- Gap Village
- Isthmus Village
- North Village
- South Village
- Western Stockade
- Scoop in Knot Gneiss
- Gold Coast
- Silver Coast
- Copper Coast
- Centaur Isle
- Isle of Fellowship
- Isle of Illusion
- Isles of Joey
- Isle of Miss
- Isle of View
Fading Out Islands
- Isle of Adamant
- Isle of Bats
- Isle of Blobs
- Isle of Bovines
- Isle of Conclusion
- Isle of Flies
- Isle of Man
- Isle of Missed
Isles of WO
- Isle of Woe
- Isle of Wolves
- Isle of Wombats
- Isle of Women
- Isle of Wonder
- Isle of Wood
- Isle of Wool
- Isle of Words
- Isle of Work
- Isle of Worse
- Isle of Worth
- Key Board Island
- Unicorn Island
- Lake Kiss-Mee
- Lake Ogre-Chobee
- Lake Wails
- Mount Parnassus is the home of the Muses.
- Mount Pinatuba
- Mount Rushmost
- Fish River
- Kiss-Me River
- Sane Jaunts River
- Swan Knee River
- With a Cookie River
Ida's Moons were first introduced in Yon Ill Wind. Ptero through Torus were explored in Faun and Games. Cone through Motes were introduced in Zombie Lover. Trapezoid through Fractal were introduced in Up in a Heavel. There is a version of Ida on each moon with the next moon in the sequence. It was discovered the moons are not an endless line, but a loop, ending with a Xanth moon.
Those in known order
- Ptero is a tiny moon the size of a ping pong ball which orbits Princess Ida's head. All the characters who ever existed, will exist, or might exist in Xanth live here. It was named by Karen Baldwin.
- Pyramid is a four sided pyramid where each triangular face is a different color blue, red, green, and gray. Generosity is power here.
- Torus is shaped like a doughnut. One who does a service for another comes to like that person or even love them. If you arrange to exchange favors, they cancel out.
- Cone is a world of crossbreeds. People live on both the inside and outside of the cone. The inside is filled with water and people can breathe in it. All breeding must be done at the rim. Ida lives at the inside point of the cone and is also a crossbreed with the body of a human and the head of a horse.
- Dumbbell is where magic is related to physical strength.
- Pincushion is where all inhabitants live on the pins. Travel here is faster using a flew, which is a bug which makes you sneeze and fly for two minutes.
- Spiral looks like a galaxy.
- Tangle looks like knots of spaghetti.
- Motes is a swarm of small fragments, each big enough to hold a small village. It has a Mote Monster who particularly has a taste for new visitors.
- Shoe has every old woman and many children, so no one knew what to do.
- Tesseract is a 4-dimensional hyper cube. 81 cubes, all the same size, all in one box, which are unlocked by square dancing.
- Fractal is one or two myriads of threads leading to other worlds.
Those in unknown order
- Zombie is the new home of the Zombies, who are dreaming. The Zombie Master (Jonathan) and Millie have a castle there similar to Zombie Castle since they retired. This moon was introduced in Up in a Heavel, seen again in Cube Route and Current Events, and mentioned in Air Apparent.
- Dragon is shaped like a dragon and home to 3,125 different types of dragons. The dragons like contests to determine whether they will make deals, especially pun contests. Ida, of course, is also a dragon. It was introduced in Currant Events and mentioned in Pet Peeve and Air Apparent.
- Plane is wide but shallow, like a pane of glass. Beneath each person shows their polar opposite. It was introduced in Currant Events and mentioned in Air Apparent.
- Robot is a world completely inhabited by robots. It was introduced in Pet Peeve.
- Always-Always is a big amusement park and introduced in Stork Naked.
The following moons were introduced in Air Apparent in order of introduction:
- Green Goo was mentioned in Air Apparent but not visited, so its placement is unclear.
- Nickelpede is shaped like and inhabited by nickelpedes.
- Spider is shaped like and inhabited by spiders.
- Ant is shaped like and inhabited by ants.
- Bird is shaped like and mostly inhabited by birds.
- Centaur is shaped like and mostly inhabited by centaurs.
- Cloud is shaped like and mostly inhabited by clouds.
- Factory is run by The Factory where Random Factor originated.
Heaven and Hell are companion worlds.
- Heaven is as Heaven is described to be.
- Hell is as Hell is described to be.
- Tree is Inhabited by all kinds of trees.
- Gourd is a dream world.
- Obelisk is a world where the inhabitants main function is creating monuments.
- Earth is ruled by the Demoness Gaia and directly after Obelisk.
- Moondania is the real name of Mundania and directly after Earth.
- Xanth was created by Ilene from illusion for the Ida on Moondania.
- Comic is a world of Comic Strips with blue fields, yellow trees, and red streams. It was introduced in Knot Gneiss.
- Reverse or Reverse World is made entirely of reverse wood or its equivalent. It is shaped like a giant reverse-wood tree. Nothing is what it seems. All creatures look, sound, & feel like their opposite. It has five areas where things are changed: Bark = Appearance; Branch = Direction; Leaves = Sound; Root = Gender; Wood = Situation. It was introduced in Knot Gneiss.
- Demo Derby is a world devoted to demolition derbies. It was introduced in Esrever Doom.
- Antidote has seas filled with anti-pun antidote and introduced with a mention in Board Stiff.
- Mundania is the ordinary world which can access Xanth only through interfaces.
- The Gap Chasm separates Xanth almost in the middle.
- The Gourd is the realm of the Night Stallion and Night Mares.
The five forbidden regions are in central Xanth.
- Region of Air
- Region of Earth
- Region of Fire
- Region of Water
- The Void
- Counter Xanth
- Alternate realities of Xanth
From other series
- Proton is the non-magical world from The Apprentice Adept series.
- Phaze is the magical world from The Apprentice Adept series.
- Two Moons is the world from the ElfQuest series by Richard and Wendy Pini.